Contract Title Design & Build of Mukaynis Metrology Center
Contract No. 03/2018
Client Qatar Civil Aviation Authority (QCAA)
Contractor Bayanat Engineering Qatar (BEQ)
Commencement Date 1-Sep- 2018
Contract Period 18 months
Contract Completion Date 1-Mar-2020
Actual Completion Date 30-Aug-2019
MUKAYNIS METEROLGY CENTER was inaugurated by Qatar Prime Minister H E Sheikh Abdullah Bin Khalifa Al Thani on 12th September 2019. It was a design and build project awarded to Bayanat Engineering Qatar from Qatar Civil Aviation Authority (QCAA). Major Scope included
• Supply, installation, testing & commissioning, and integration of C-band Doppler weather radar
• 42m steel tower with elevator
• Office building and Electrical building
• External and Infrastructure works with related civil/MEP works
The Project duration was 18 months and the contractual project finish date was 1-Mar-2020.
However, BEQ had completed this project and handed over to QCAA within 1 year from project commencement date through the efficient project management & efforts made by BEQ team.
MUKAYNIS Meteorology station was a strategic project as part of Qatar’s FIFA 2022 world cup program which enhance the Qatar’s metrological observation & forecasting operations. The C-Band Weather radar (made by Leonardo Germany) have wide range of features to detect variety of metrological elements in which major are Rain and Wind. In addition, another phenomenon such as.
• Gust front
• Tracking of rain cells
• Reverse Sub-catchment (calculation of amount of water accumulated on the ground in a specific area or in a village)
• Warnings by putting threshold of some elements
This Weather Radar has operational coverage of 250KM radius from the radar center and can be extended up to 500KM radius if needed. MUKAYNIS Center is located at central part of Qatar near Salwa road, exit 42